Originally named the Commemorative Pavilion in 1938, the building was a gift from the New South Wales Government to the people of New South Wales as a memorial to 150 years of British settlement and a celebration of Australia’s modern and post-depression prosperity.
The stage was opened 60 years later as a working sound stage with people marvelling at the remarkable Egyptian-styled Art Deco façade and the soaring stained-glass map of Australia.
With its clear span created by large arches, this air-conditioned sound stage also provides make-up and wardrobe facilities.
Sound attenuation in the building envelope of 35dB(A)
Slung below the building trusses as required
Three-phase mains current 415v single phase 240v 2,000 amps/phase multiple distribution boards